UCLan School of Medicine offering two-week summer school for overseas doctors
19 May 2016
The UCLan School of Medicine will be offering a cardio-respiratory summer school for overseas doctors and health professionals this July. The programme is designed exclusively for qualified overseas doctors and health professionals with an interest in the UK health service who wish to learn more about cardio respiratory medicine.
Why should I attend?
- UK specialist knowledge and skills update from experts
- Experience in a modern UK National Health Service (NHS) hospital
- Revision of basic knowledge using state-of-the-art facilities
- Improved English language skills
- Certificate of participation
- Enables career progression in your own country and healthcare setting
- Lectures and "masterclass" from leading international expert in obstructive airways disease, Prof Brian Lipworth, previously a visiting Professor at Harvard University
- Respiratory and cardiovascular emergencies
- Lessons from the Ebola crisis
- Paediatric cardio-respiratory care
- See firsthand how an NHS hospital operates
The programme takes place from the 11th July to 22nd July 2016 and is £4,500 per attendee. The fee covers all scheduled lectures and masterclasses, visit to a UK NHS hospital, refreshments, 12 nights’ accommodation, transport between locations, gala dinner and Lake District trip.
If you are interested in learning more about UCLan’s medicine summer school programme, get in touch today.
There are currently no events