SI-UK offer two ways to improve your English with IELTS lessons, in a group or private classroom. There are pros and cons to both routes depending on your circumstances, but both guarantee a quality English study experience as you look to hit a target IELTS score for university entry or for immigration purposes.
Learn more about whether you should study group IELTS lessons or private IELTS lessons below and visit the SI-UK Language Centre for information on the 9-band scale, different IELTS course types and how to take an IELTS practice test.
Group IELTS vs Private IELTS
Advantages of Group IELTS
- Lower cost
- Evening (5-8pm) and Saturday classes available
- Average class size of seven students (maximum nine) per class, meaning lots of individual study support from your teacher
- Develop your speaking and listening skills much quicker in an interactive learning environment
- Share tips and ideas with your classmates
Suitable for the students who…
- Are working full-time and available only during the evening and weekend
- Already have intermediate to upper-intermediate level of English (IELTS: 4.5-6.0)
- Want to focus on IELTS exam techniques and improve your score effectively
Advantages of Private IELTS
- Lessons tailored to your level of study and learning pace: you will not be left behind or bored in the class, with each class being solely focussed on you.
- Flexible timetable - it can be arranged according to your personal schedule
- Can choose to focus on other types of English learning, not only IELTS, such as General English, Business English or Academic Writing
Suitable for the student who…
- Needs intensive IELTS training for a limited time
- Needs to develop general English skills
- Wants to learn advanced level English for a professional qualification such as medicine or nursing
- Need to develop their English for a particular purpose, e.g. academic writing
It is not unusual for students to take both private and group lessons to improve their English. If you are interested in learning more about IELTS lessons contact our Language Centre team today.