University of Leicester to launch new US-style flexi-degree option
23 September 2015
The University of Leicester has announced it is to offer all students the chance to study new US-style flexi-degree courses from next September.
The system, which is already standard practice at many universities and colleges in the US, will allow students to select what they study from a series of “major” and “minor” subject options. Students will spend around 75% of their time on the major study option they select, with the remaining 25% on their minor option.
Flexi degrees already exist at a number of other UK universities including Surrey, King’s College London and Sheffield. Paul Boyle, the University’s vice-chancellor, said: “we will identify a series of major courses which offer a standard degree and develop a whole series of minor courses that students can study alongside them.”
Are you interested in studying at the University of Leicester? Arrange a free consultation at SI-UK today to get started!
There are currently no events
Cambridge and Oxford named most reputable universities in the UK
Four UK universities feature in world top ten following QS World University Rankings release
Pathway Programmes at the University of Leicester
Cambridge maintains position at top of Guardian University Rankings