INTO University of Stirling Visit
INTO is dedicated to providing world-class experiences to international students looking for support and preparation leading to top UK universities. INTO have 12 modern study centres offering our students’ excellent educational environments in either campus based universities or cosmopolitan city centre locations.
Choose from A-levels, foundation, international year one, graduate diploma, pre-masters or an English language course to help prepare you for study at one of 11 partner universities or a study centre which opens doors to over 90+ institutions.
Fully accredited by university partners, INTO courses provide assured progression upon successful completion of your INTO programme and meeting the progression standards for your chosen degree. Now celebrating their 10th anniversary, INTO have helped more than 50,000 students take the next step to achieving their potential.
INTO University of Stirling
The University of Stirling is located in central Scotland, with almost 12,000 students enrolled from over 110 countries. Stirling was founded in 1967 and its campus is set in an 18th century castle estate on the shores of a loch, surrounded by beautiful hills.
The University of Stirling continues to have several unique factors outside of its location. It is a pioneer of a two-semester structure and modular degrees, allowing great flexibility in start times and changes in study. Degrees are also made up of credits earned from modules, which means that students can effectively change their subject as/or if their interests change.
Stirling offer more than 90 taught postgraduate programmes, and an exciting range of research opportunities. Almost three quarters of Stirling's REF research activity was rated either ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’. A number of Scholarships are available for international and EU students and details can be found here, while Student Money Advisers can help you with your budget and assist in applying for financial support.
Work placement opportunities are also encouraged. These include 'Making the most of your Masters' and a university initiative with Edinburgh and Aberdeen aimed at building links between universities and employers.
Services for International Students
The University of Stirling International Study Centre provides an undergraduate certificate, a specialist foundation course which replaces the first year of Stirling's four-year honours degree and leads directly to the second year of an undergraduate programme – and a pre-masters course. The International Study Centre guarantees that students will receive a conditional offer of a degree place at the University.
The University of Stirling also offers 12-week pre-sessional and in-sessional English support, while the Student Union runs an International Society for students.
- 53rd in the Times University Guide 2016
- 58th in the Guardian University Guide 2017
- 39th in the Complete University Guide 2017
- 384th in the QS World University Rankings 2016
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, Stirling ranked 6th in Scotland and 45th in the UK for the standard of its research quality. Almost three quarters of research activity rated either world-leading or internationally excellent.
- 4th in the UK for Agriculture, Veterinary and Food Science
- 1st in Scotland and 12th in the UK for Health Sciences
- 3rd in Scotland and 18th in the UK for Psychology
- Top 25 UK institutions for Business and Management
- 17th in the UK for Social Work and Social Policy
- 100% of Psychology Impact case studies classed as world-leading
Other notable subject rankings include:
- 1st in Scotland for Education (Times and Guardian University Guides)
- 1st in Scotland for Media & Communications (Complete University Guide)
- Top 10 in the UK for Sport (Complete University Guide)
- 1st in Scotland for Social Work (Complete University Guide)
- 2nd in Scotland for Social Policy (Complete University Guide)
- 2nd in Scotland for Maths (Guardian University Guide)
- 3rd in Scotland for Computer Science (Guardian University Guide)
Where: SI-UK Lagos Office
When: Thursday 4 August 2016, 10:00 - 11:30
Representative: Dan Cuffe